Infidelity is definitely a common occurrence now but what remains constant is the hurt and pain that it inflicts upon the other half of the relationship. When you are in a relationship with someone, it is because the both of you have created a bond that is special and one that would entail trust each other – it is therefore especially painful when that trust is broken and you are always the last to know. Here are therefore a breakdown of the signs that will be helpful to know if your spouse is cheating;
- Sudden Privacy needs – This is definitely one of the most common signs of cheating. There will be some frequent changes in passwords or a sudden territorial behavior when it comes to you touching his/her cellphone and moving away to another room when answering a call. There will be a change when it comes to sharing things with you like phone bills and credit card details and the most hurtful part of the whole ordeal is that when asked why the sudden changes there is a high probability that the blame will fall on you.
- Social profile – With the increased popularity of online hook-ups there is bound to be a difference in your spouse’s profile. First things first, there will be an increased interest in social activities and more time will be spent there. Then there will be certain posts and account activities that will show less to no indications of the fact that the post is of someone who is already in a relationship; the profile will gradually look like one that a single man or woman would have.
- Sexual intimacy – This is a little tricky since there are two sides to this sign – There will either be an increased desire for sexual intimacy or a decreased desire to do so. This will depend on the type of person that your partner is or just the emotional intensity that the affair can have on the mind. For some, there will be a decrease in sexual intimacy since he/she is already sated or an increase because in the mind there will some wrong notion of making it up to you by doing this.
- Changes in physical appearances – It is a well-known sign of a cheating spouse when there is a sudden interest in looking good when going to work or just an off-site meeting. There will be an increase in the time to groom and getting dressed, a change in hairstyle or a general pizzaz in the way that they dress now that should concern you. Another very potent change will be in a change of perfume or they just might suddenly use perfume when going out of the house.
- General change in behavior – There will be increases in the interest in going out for social gatherings and more often there will be suggestions that they go out alone. Another very visible change will be in the blame game because whenever you raise the question about the sudden changes, the blame will somehow fall on you – either you are becoming too needy, or you are too sensitive and the most common one is blaming you for them having to change in the first place.
At the end of the day, trust your intuition because you will know your partner for good and for bad. A small change in their behavior will trigger an intuitive response from you and this is the best sign when it comes to cheating spouses – it is advisable however, to make sure that these intuitions are true before taking the next step.